Below is an outline of the Unit we are now starting. Please use as stimulus for discussions at home.
Central Idea: Film makers use different techniques to convey emotions.
Lines of Inquiry
- The journey from idea to film is a collaborative, artistic process.
- The different techniques film makers use.
- The ways in which people respond to film.
- Form, function, perspective
- Creativity, expression, interpretation
- Communicators, risk-taker
- (social skills) cooperating, adopting a variety of group roles
- (communication skills) viewing, non-verbal communication
Key vocabulary: expressing, technique, angles, emotions, interpretation, perspective, manipulation, direction, communication,
Language Focus: Poetry & Narrative writing
Maths focus: Number – multiplication
Measurement – length
Pattern & function – number patterns & sequences