Central Idea: People play different roles in the communities to which they belong.
Lines of inquiry:
- Roles and responsibilities within communities
- Services needed to support a community
- School, local and global communities
- Form, connection, responsibility
- Roles, networks, communication, citizenship
- principled, reflective
- (self-management skills) codes of behaviour, organization
- (Social skills) respecting others, group decision-making
Maths Focus: Division, fractions, money
language: Note taking, Report writing
Key vocabulary: community, services, roles, responsibility, infrastructure, citizenship, reliability, networks, agriculture, hospitality, trades, industry
Please take the time to discuss these with your children, in your home language as, and if an opportunity naturally arises at home regarding one of these concepts or skills, then please use them to assist their understanding of them.